February 14, 2011
Not many changes this time round, a few extra options and some miscellaneous bug fixes.
- Added support for cbz and cbr
- Some window geometry bug fixes
- Faster reload speed
- Added scroll sensitivity options
- Added rotation options
- Added don’t enlarge images option
- Added fit to window height
January 7, 2011
The way settings are saved has been changed (see changelog), you’ll need to reconfigure them as it won’t read your old settings.
v 0.2 (07-JAN-2011)
- No longer uses an XML file for the settings. All data is now stored in an .INI file, no functionality has been loss and it makes the code cleaner
- Fixed some bugs is fullscreen where the statusbar and menubar would not
follow their settings.
- Fixed image extension case sensitivity bug in archives
- Added some more options in the options dialog
- Show scrollbars
- Option to change background colour
- Options to show menu/status bars in fullscreen
- Fit to window width image sizing option
- Added hotkeys editor
- Added mouse actions editor
- Added a ‘Load next’ menu action. It will load the next valid file in the current folder. Should generally only use it for loading whole archives, else it’ll just load single images.
- Added option to automatically reload the last opened files when QManga is opened.
- Added option to automatically sort loaded files in alphabetical order.
- Added ‘forward one page’ action to adjust to correct left/right reading order
- Minor visual tweaks e.g. window title shows the current image name
The download is a zip, no installation necessary.
January 28, 2010
QManga is a manga reading application I developed to use in place of CDisplay. I like CDisplay, but it’s outdated UI and lack of active development put me off. Right now QManga is simple and usable but it’s early in development so lacks some key features.
I will be developing QManga in my spare time, hopefully incorporating some user feedback into my design so criticism is welcome.
- Reads images within ZIPs and RARs without extraction
- Support for ZIPs within ZIPs
- Unicode support
- A visual ‘Go-to image” dialog
- Can add whole folders (including subdirectories)
- Dual page viewing and Japanese reading mode
- Remembers last opened files
- Next/previous folder navigation (skips to the next loaded subdirectory or archive)
Some things are still limited though, it can’t load rars in zips, or zips in rars, or rars in rars (basically only zips in zips are supported for embedded archives). There is no interface for editing hotkeys, but most of them can be changed by editing the generated .xml file.